Flight Catering Production Manager Role and Responsibilities –
- Liaise with other managers to formulate objectives and understand requirements
- Estimate costs and prepare budgets
- Organize workflow to meet specifications and deadlines
- Monitor production to resolve issues
- Supervise and evaluate performance of production personnel (quality inspectors, workers etc.)
- Determine amount of necessary resources (workforce, raw materials etc.)
- Approve maintenance work, purchasing of equipment etc.
- Ensure output meets quality standards
- Enforce health and safety precautions
- Report to upper management
- Ensure complete manning complement to meet mass production targets, providing allowances for worker leaves and sick calls.
- Check bonded warehouse regularly to ensure raw materials are available.
- Ensure that meal trays for the various service classes are correctly packaged along with food group trays for first class (caviar, salmon, fish and meat trays).
- Ensure that purser’s kits and consigned duty free items on inflight sales are fully stocked-up.
- Supervise the operation of catering trucks to ensure they reach and load-up the aircraft on schedule.
- Ensure the dispatch of catering trucks to retrieve galley trolleys and non-consumable items from the aircraft after passenger disembarkation.
- Coordinate with airport authorities in securing permits and identification documents required for entry of catering trucks and drivers
Flight Catering Production Manager Skills and Specifications
- Excellent organizational and supervisory skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com